Donate and Buy Pixels
If you're looking for pixels, you've come to the right place! We've got five million of the little things.
Pixels on the Five Million Dollar Fund's homepage are available at a cost of $1 per pixel.
For each dollar donated, we will put an image on the homepage and also
reveal some more of an art piece created by a collection of Salt Lake City artists.
Everyone who donates money to our fundraiser is eligible to have their name on the Donors List.
The hopepage was divided into 100 pixel 'blocks', with each block measuring 10x10 pixels.
You will see the homepage is divided into lots of these blocks.
The reason is because anything smaller than 10x10 pixels would be too small to display anything meaningful.
If you donate at least $100, you get more control of your block(s) of pixels.
When you purchase one or more block(s) of pixels, you get to submit an image
representing yourself or your organization that will become a permanent part of the homepage.
This could be a logo, a picture, a design, an advertisement, etc.
You get to choose where you want your image to live.
You get to submit your name or a message that will be seen as a pop-up message when the mouse hovers over your pixels on the homepage and on the art page.
You also get to see which part of the artwork your donation revealed because the pop-up will also appear on that page.
For those people who are thinking of donating less than $100, here's how it works.
We'll accept and keep track of your donation. We’ll add up the donations and for each $100 of smaller donations,
we’ll add a colored block to the homepage, reveal another block of the art, and the pop-up will say “community donation.”
You can buy as many blocks of pixels as you like,
as long as there are some available (see the live stats in the top right corner of the page).
Please read all of the following T's & C's if you are about to buy some pixels -
especially those marked in red.
|Feature||$1 to $99||$100 and up|
|Stand in community with us||YES||YES|
|Reveals pixels of the artwork||YES||YES|
|Gets your name on the Donors List||YES||YES|
|Upload your image for the homepage||NO||YES|
|Specify your TITLE/ALT/pop-up text||NO||YES|
Terms & Conditions
- The minimum donation is $1.
- The minimum donation to submit an image is $100 (100 pixels).
- The maximum donation depends on how many pixels are still unclaimed
- When you 'buy' our pixels you will not 'own' any part of the homepage or this site,
but rather you are granted the right to submit an image and link
which will then be published on the homepage in the exact location you have paid for.
- You cannot change the image or link once you have submitted them,
so you must be sure of the image & link you want on the homepage,
which will be there for at least five years.
The only exception is if you have a strong reason why you need a change to your image/link,
eg. your site no longer exists, major structural change to your site, lawsuits, etc.
- No obscene/offensive/adult images or links will be accepted, and
we decide what is appropriate for our site. If you submit an image
or link that is rejected, you will have the opportunity to provide
an alternative, otherwise your money will be refunded and you will
lose your location on the homepage
- If your link is accepted and you later change the content of the linked site
to show offensive/obscene/adult material then your link will be removed until you provide a new one,
and you will not get a refund of any kind for the link downtime
- If your image and link are accepted and published on the homepage,
you cannot get a refund
- You will not get a refund of any kind for link downtime, regardless of the reason for the downtime.
- If for whatever reason in the future you want your image and link removed from the homepage,
you can do that, but you will not get a refund and the space will become publically available again
- The site and homepage will be online for at least five years (until October 1, 2014),
but possibly even longer
- Images must be the exact size you have paid for (eg. 100 pixels = 10x10 pixels)
- Images must be in GIF, JPEG, or PNG format, must be a reasonable file size, and may not be animated
- Links must be to web pages only and begin with http://
- You must have the authority to provide the image and link for the website you submit
- Funds must be fully recieved and cleared before your pixels go live on the homepage
- There might be occasional downtime for site maintenence but we'll try and keep these to a minimum
- We will try to get your pixels online within 24-48hrs after the funds have cleared
(but please have patience if we're backlogged by many people order at the same time)
PayPal (under $1,000)
PayPal is an ideal payment method for payments under $1,000.
Because each pixel block costs $100, please ensure you order the correct quantity of blocks when ordering.
Once you have paid for your pixels, please e-mail
if you would like to submit the following:
- Attach your image as a GIF, JPEG, or PNG (must be the correct size for the pixels purchased)
- State where you want your graphic to be placed on the homepage (eg. "50 blocks across, 20 blocks down").
Make sure you are certain, because you can't change it later.
- State which website you would like your graphic linking to (must begin with 'http://')
- State what TITLE/ALT text you want for your image, max. 50 characters.
TITLE/ALT text appears as a pop-up when people hover their cursor over your pixels.
Larger Donations (over $1,000)
Please contact us to arrange your donation.